Armenian Noodles and Rice (Pilav)
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Dash of pepper
- Minced parsley
- Break noodles into 1-inch pieces if necessary. Cook and stir noodles in butter
in 2-quart saucepan 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley. Heat
to boiling, stirring once or twice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 14 minutes, without
lifting cover or stirring.
- Remove from heat. Fluff mixture lightly with fork; cover
and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Yields 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.