Barazeh (Sesame Seed Cookies)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree F oven until
a light golden brown.
- Combine the honey with the 1 tablespoon water and use to moisten the sesame seeds.
Spread in a saucer.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in the butter, as if you were making pie crust dough. Gradually add the 2/3
cup water until the dough is smooth.
- Form balls of dough the size of walnuts and dip one side of each ball into the
sesame seed mixture to coat. The bottom side may be very lightly touched to the
pistachios. Place on greased baking sheets, sesame side up.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Source: The Arabian Delights Cookbook by Anne Marie Weiss-Armush
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes