Bean and Sesame Seed Spread (Hummus)
This is also known as "hummus bitahini."
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sesame seed
- 1 clove garlic, cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Snipped parsley
- Pocket bread, crackers or vegetable dippers
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place reserved bean liquid, sesame seed and garlic in blender container. Cover
and blend on high speed until mixed.
- Add beans, lemon juice and salt; cover and
blend on high speed, stopping blender to scrape sides if necessary, until of uniform
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve as a spread or dip with wedges of pita bread.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes