Black Rice Pudding
Black rice turns its cooking liquid purple, and this rich, creamy pudding will
become a luscious lavender.
- 1 cup raw black rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup canned cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,
covered, 55 minutes.
- Stir in the half-and-half and cream of coconut. Slowly simmer 1 hour, stirring
- Stir in rose water or vanilla extract and salt. Chill completely.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and pistachio nuts as garnish.
Yields 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes