Cheese-Stuffed Eggplant (Jordan)
- 2 (1 pound) eggplants
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut eggplants lengthwise into halves. Cut out and cube enough eggplant from shells
to measure about 4 cups, leaving a 1/2-inch wall on side and bottom of each shell;
- Cook and stir eggplant cubes, onion and garlic in oil in 10-inch
skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except reserved shells
and cheese. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Place eggplant shells in ungreased shallow pan; spoon peanut mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle cheese over filled shells.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until eggplant is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Yields 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.