- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts and legs (do not remove the skin)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamoms
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed hot chile peppers
- Salt, to taste
- About 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sumac*, to be sprinkled on after cooking
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 1 cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh pita bread
- Garlic Spread
- Dill pickle
- French fries
* Ground powder from the cashew family, used as a seasoning
- Wash the chicken pieces. Put them into a bowl.
- Mix all the spices with lemon
juice. Pour Marinade over chicken and rub well. Marinate for 5 to 6 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with oil, put chicken pieces
in skin side down, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and remove the skin. With a sharp knife, shred the chicken
and put it back into the baking dish. Sprinkle the sumac over and mix well.
- Garlic Spread: Peel the garlic and put it into food processor. Add salt. Process
until nicely mashed. Add oil in a thin stream. Keep on processing until oil is mixed
with garlic. Add lemon juice. Mix and transfer it to a bowl. (Can be prepared ahead
- Assembly: Take one pita bread, put a thin layer of garlic spread inside. Stuff
with shredded chicken, a few slices of pickle and French fries. Roll it, wrap in
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.