- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts and legs (do not remove the skin)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamoms
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed hot chile peppers
- Salt, to taste
- About 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sumac*, to be sprinkled on after cooking
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 1 cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh pita bread
- Garlic Spread
- Dill pickle
- French fries
* Ground powder from the cashew family, used as a seasoning
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Wash the chicken pieces. Put them into a bowl.
- Mix all the spices with lemon
juice. Pour Marinade over chicken and rub well. Marinate for 5 to 6 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with oil, put chicken pieces
in skin side down, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and remove the skin. With a sharp knife, shred the chicken
and put it back into the baking dish. Sprinkle the sumac over and mix well.
- Garlic Spread: Peel the garlic and put it into food processor. Add salt. Process
until nicely mashed. Add oil in a thin stream. Keep on processing until oil is mixed
with garlic. Add lemon juice. Mix and transfer it to a bowl. (Can be prepared ahead
- Assembly: Take one pita bread, put a thin layer of garlic spread inside. Stuff
with shredded chicken, a few slices of pickle and French fries. Roll it, wrap in
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes