Cracked Wheat and Parsley Salad
- 3/4 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 1/2 cups minced parsley
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (with tops)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons crushed dried mint leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cover bulgur with cold water; let stand 30 minutes; Drain; press out as much
water as possible.
- Place bulgur, parsley, tomatoes, scallions and mint in nonreactive bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over bulgur mixture. Toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with ripe olives if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
If you desire a softer texture, cover bulgur with boiling water; let stand
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes