Custard with Cardamom Rose Water
A traditional custard in The United Arab Emirates - a holiday favorite.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons custard powder (commercial)
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Ground pistachios (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put milk, sugar and cardamom into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring
occasionally. Reduce heat.
- Mix the custard powder with a little water to make a smooth thin paste. Gradually
stir it into the milk mixture, whisking constantly. Continue stirring until the
custard is smooth.
- Remove from heat and add rose water. Return to the stove and
place over a very low heat a few minutes.
- Pour into custard dishes, and garnish with pistachios.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes