Dajaj bel Laban
(Chicken with Yogurt)
- 1 chicken, cut at joints into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 chile peppers, split
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 12 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 cup yogurt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Fry the onions in the oil, add the chicken, and stir.
- Add spices, salt and the
split chili peppers. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, adding water as
- In a separate pan, beat the yogurt and a little water with a whisk. Bring to
a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove the yogurt from the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the yogurt and continue to simmer on low heat.
- Serve in a deep dish along with white rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Source: Saudi Arabia Magazine (an official publication of the Information
Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Spring 1997
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes