Dajaj bel Laban
(Chicken with Yogurt)
- 1 chicken, cut at joints into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon ground
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
chile peppers, split
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 12 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 cup
- Fry the onions in the oil, add the chicken, and stir.
- Add spices, salt and the
split chili peppers. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, adding water as
- In a separate pan, beat the yogurt and a little water with a whisk. Bring to
a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove the yogurt from the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the yogurt and continue to simmer on low heat.
- Serve in a deep dish along with white rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Source: Saudi Arabia Magazine (an official publication of the Information
Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Spring 1997
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.