Eggplant Dip (Baba Ghannooj)
- 1 (1 pound) eggplant
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Vegetables (for dipping)
- Prick eggplant 3 or 4 times with fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until very soft, about 40 minutes. Cool.
- Pare eggplant; cut into cubes. Place eggplant, onion, garlic, lemon juice, oil
and salt in blender container. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Serve with assorted vegetables.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.