Fatayer Bisabanikh (Spinach Pastry) Sambosic
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chopped spinach
- 3 chopped onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each sumac, salt and pepper
- Sift flour then mix with oil. Add remaining dough ingredients and mix well. Knead
till dough is smooth.
- Roll dough very thin and cut into 3-inch circles.
- Mix the filling ingredients. Take tablespoon of filling mixture and put on each
circle. Take each circle and close into the shape of three lines. Secure ends.
- Dip each piece into vegetable oil and put into pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes until brown.
- Serve as an appetizer either cold or warm.
Source: One Thousand and One Delights by Nahda Salah