- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 1 cup pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup granulated sugar (depending on taste)
- Poultry seasoning
- Sauté the onions in the shortening over medium-high heat until they are limp.
- Add the chicken pieces, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Sauté until the chicken is
browned on all sides.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover pan, and
let chicken summer for about 1 hour.
- Add the ground walnuts, pomegranate syrup, lemon juice, and sugar. Simmer, uncovered,
for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over jasmine rice with plain yogurt.