Fried Tomatoes with Garlic
This is served in Jordan.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 small hot pepper, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large, firm tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Thoroughly mix the garlic with the pepper, salt and hot pepper; then stir in
the parsley and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the tomato slices and cook
for about a minute on one side; then turn and sprinkle slices with the garlic, hot
pepper, and parsley mixture. Continue to cook for another minute, shaking the pan
occasionally; then turn the slices again and cook until they are done, but not mushy.
- Slide the tomato slices onto a plate, and serve immediately.
- Do not try to cook more than two servings at a time or the tomatoes will
end up overcooked.
This type of tomato appetizer is great scooped up onto Arabic bread.
Source: Lior's Kitchen Talk
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes