Ghorayebah (Almond Cookies)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 40 whole blanched almonds
- Cream the butter and sift together the flour and sugar. Fold the mixture into
the butter and stir in the almond extract.
- Knead gently and set to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off lumps of dough about 1 inch in diameter and roll them into balls. Flatten
them slightly and press a whole almond into the top of each one.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet
for 15 minutes or until they just start to color golden.
- Cool and then store in an airtight container.
Makes about 40 cookies.
Variation: Up to half the flour may be replaced by ground almonds.
Source: Recipes for an Arabian Night by David Scott
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.