Ghorayebah (Almond Cookies)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 40 whole blanched almonds
- Cream the butter and sift together the flour and sugar. Fold the mixture into
the butter and stir in the almond extract.
- Knead gently and set to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off lumps of dough about 1 inch in diameter and roll them into balls. Flatten
them slightly and press a whole almond into the top of each one.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet
for 15 minutes or until they just start to color golden.
- Cool and then store in an airtight container.
Makes about 40 cookies.
Variation: Up to half the flour may be replaced by ground almonds.
Source: Recipes for an Arabian Night by David Scott
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes