Ghouribi (Moroccan Sugar Cookies)
- 1 cup vegetable oil or butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely ground walnuts or almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly flour an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place oil and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Gradually add the flour, a
cup at a time, and knead well.
- Blend in the nuts. When the dough feels smooth, use
the palm of your hand to roll it into balls the size of an egg. Pat into a round
cookie about 2 inches in diameter. The cookies should not be flat. Place on the
cookie sheet and sprinkle the center of each cookie with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not let the cookies become even slightly
brown; they must remain off-white.
* A Turkish variation uses cocoa instead of cinnamon and is sprinkled with powdered
sugar. These cookies can also be shaped into crescents.
Source: Lior's Kitchen Talk
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes