Golden Rice Cake
(Kateh — Iran)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Basmati or regular rice
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons ghee, butter or margarine
- If using bulk Basmati rice, rinse it thoroughly. Heat rice, water and salt to
boiling in saucepan, stirring once or twice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 14 minutes
without lifting cover or stirring.
- Remove from heat. Fluff rice lightly with fork; cover and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
Stir in ghee.
- Smooth top of rice; gently press into saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat
until rice is light golden brown on bottom, about 30 minutes.
- Set saucepan in bowl
of iced water for 10 minutes
- Loosen edge with spatula. Unmold on serving plate;
cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or cold.
Yields 6 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.