Grilled Garlic Chicken (Lebanese)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel and crush the garlic with the salt. Stir it into the lemon juice and the
- Cut the chicken breasts into walnut-size pieces, sprinkle over the allspice
and pour over the garlic and lemon marinade. Turn the chicken in this for at least
1 hour and up to 24 hours for maximum penetration.
- Thread it onto skewers, packing reasonably closely together, 4 or 5 pieces to
a skewer, and grill on a hot preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes a side, turning
3 times. The chicken should be crisp and dark brown and still succulent on the inside.
This is a wonderful recipe and tastes just like you get in the Lebanese
restaurants. I cook this under the broiler, but I am sure it would be even better
on the barbecue.
Source: Lior's Kitchen Talk