Israeli Eggplant Salad
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 small onion, coarsely grated
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Crackers or raw vegetables
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Line rectangular baking pan with foil. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and place,
cut side down, on prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until crispy and skin is slightly charred, about 30 minutes.
- Set sieve over a bowl and place cooked eggplant in sieve to drain 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place onion and eggs in large wooden bowl.
- Scoop out eggplant pulp
from blackened shells and add to egg mixture. Coarsely chop them together.
- Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and mayonnaise.
- Serve as a dip with crackers or vegetables.
Makes about 1 cup.
Per serving (dip only): 63 calories; 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 57 percent
calories from fat); 5 g carbohydrates; 66 mg cholesterol; 118 mg sodium; 2.5 g protein;
1 g fiber
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes