Lahooh bel Loaz
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 tablespoon ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups almonds, roasted and ground
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the milk, eggs, baking powder, yeast and water;
mix together to form a batter; set aside to rise.
- Grease a frying pan with a little oil, pour into the pan half a ladle of batter.
Spread the batter quickly into a thin pancake and fry over medium heat until the
top bubbles, then turn over and brown the other side.
- Repeat using all batter.
- Mix the confectioners' sugar, cardamom and almonds together. Stuff each pancake
with the mixture; roll into finger shapes, and arrange on a serving dish; sprinkle
with some ground almonds.
Serves 10 to 12.
Source: Saudi Arabia Magazine (an official publication of the Information
Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Winter 1997