Middle Eastern Sea Bass
This is basically the same recipe you would use to make falafel, the famous chickpea
patties, only in this case you coat the fish in it.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup ground pita breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets of sea bass
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor, finely chop the chickpeas, cilantro, hot chile, onion powder,
garlic, salt, and cumin. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs and sesame
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the fish dry, and rub it with salt and pepper. Coat the top of each fillet
with 3 tablespoons of falafel mix.
- In an oven-proof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over moderately high heat.
When hot, add the fillets, coating side down. Cook until the crust is golden, then
turn the fish over and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook until the fish just
begins to flake, about 8 minutes. Serves 4.
- Serve with Middle-Eastern cucumber salad.