Moroccan Chicken with Olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or Greek olives
- 1 sliced preserved lemon
- Mix cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt, turmeric, ginger and garlic. Rub mixture
on all sides of chicken; coat with flour. Place chicken in ungreased 13 x 9-inch
- Mix water, lemon juice and bouillon; pour over chicken. Add olives and preserved
lemon slices. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F, spooning juices over chicken occasionally,
until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 1 hour.
- Serve with couscous or rice if desired.
Yields 6 servings.