Moroccan Pork Kebabs
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini,
cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green or red bell
pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coat a broiler pan or grill rack with cooking spray.
- Toss the pork and zucchini with the olive oil and add the cumin, salt, cinnamon,
ginger, oregano and garlic powder. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Thread the meat, zucchini and red pepper on skewers. Grill or broil 6 minutes
on each side, or until pork is pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 186 calories, 25 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates,
1 g fiber, 8 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 500 mg sodium
Pork tenderloin is tasty, moist and perfectly safe when pink in the middle. For
optimal flavor and texture, don't cook the meat until it's gray throughout.
Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check for doneness: Remove a roast from
the oven at 150 degrees F.