Perch Baked with Sesame Seed
Serve with Moroccan Herbed Olives, Pocket Bread or hot cooked rice for a simple
Middle Eastern meal.
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seed,
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Olive oil or vegetable
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 pound
- Ripe olives
- Cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender.
- Mix sesame seed, water,
garlic, salt, lemon juice and red pepper.
- Lightly brush an 8-inch square baking dish with oil; sprinkle with bread crumbs
and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Pat fish dry; arrange in baking dish.
- Pour sesame seed
mixture over fish; top with onion.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F until fish flakes
easily with fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and ripe olives.
Yields 4 servings.