Persian Poppy Seed Puffs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup unsifted flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Confectioners' sugar frosting
- Combine water and oil in a saucepan. Heat to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and
beat vigorously until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball. Remove
the pan from heat.
- Beat in the eggs thoroughly, one at a time.
- Add the poppy seeds and continue beating until smooth.
- Drop by half teaspoonsful onto ungreased baking
sheets and bake in a hot oven (400 degrees F) for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Top with confectioners' sugar frosting.
Source: Lior's Kitchen Talk