Rose Jam (Turkish)
- 225 grams rose leaves (without stalks)
- 6 1/4 glasses granulated sugar
- 3 3/4 glasses water
- 4 lemon salt cubes or 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put the water and rose leaves into a pan, cover and boil until the rose leaves
go almost a white color. Then add the sugar and boil with the lid off until the
- Dissolve the lemon salt cubes in 1/8 glass water (or add the lemon juice to the
water), pour this into the pan after the syrup has thickened, bring to the boil
once, remove from heat, and with a perforated spoon remove the foam on the syrup.
- Pour the jam into a bowl, and after it has completely cooled down, put into a jar
and close the lid tightly.
From the kitchen of Martin James, Copenhagen, Denmark.