Seneyat Macarona bel-Laban
(Spaghetti with Yogurt)
- 3 cups spaghetti (break into 2-inch lengths)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 onions, finely grated
- 3/4 pound minced meat
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 bundle fresh parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Strain.
- Hard-boil the eggs, then peel and slice into rings.
- Heat the oil and the onions, minced meat, cumin
and black pepper with a little water. Cook over medium heat.
- Put spaghetti into a saucepan. Add butter and stir over heat for five minutes.
- Put spaghetti into a baking dish.
- After mixing yogurt with garlic and salt, pour over the spaghetti. Cover this
with minced meat, egg rings and parsley.
- Put dish in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for five minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serves 4 to 6 persons.
Source: Saudi Arabia Magazine (an official publication of the Information
Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Summer 1997