- 1/2 pound butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart
- 4 packages dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cups flour (about)
- 6 eggs
- Scald milk. Let cool until lukewarm. Add yeast.
- Cream butter or margarine with sugar. Add beaten eggs. Now to the butter mixture
alternate flour and milk until used up. Knead in bowl until dough does not stick
- Let dough rise for 2 or 3 hours until double in bulk.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured glass.
in deep fat until lightly brown.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar
or fill with jelly or lekvar.
Yield: 24 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.