Tabuli (Lebanese Salad)
- 2 cups cracked wheat*
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 bunches parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh mint
* Available in gourmet section of most supermarkets — called "bulgur."
- Soak cracked wheat in cold water for 1 hour.
- While the wheat is soaking, clean and finely chop parsley.
- Squeeze wheat in handsful and add to parsley with remaining ingredients.
- Serve in lettuce cups with any meal.
Yields 6 servings.