Tagine of Moroccan Chicken
Tagines are stews that meld sweet and savory flavors. Release the full flavor
of saffron by crushing its threads before adding to the tagine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), skin
- 2 medium onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick®
Gourmet Collection® Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon
McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Cumin, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet
Collection® Saffron, crushed (optional)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes,
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 10
minutes or until browned, turning once. Transfer chicken to plate; cover to keep
- Add onion to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic salt,
cinnamon, ginger, cumin and saffron, if desired. Stir in tomatoes and honey. Return
chicken to skillet; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in raisins. Simmer 10 minutes
or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken stew on a bed of couscous, if desired.
- Garnish with toasted slivered
almonds and chopped fresh cilantro.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of McCormick.