Turkish Jelly Candies
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- Juice and grated
rind of 1 orange
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar
- Soften the gelatine in 1/2 cup of the cold water for 1 hour.
- Combine fruit juices, rinds, nuts, raisins and vanilla extract in a bowl and
- In a heavy saucepan, bring 2 cups sugar and the remaining 1/2 cup water to a
- Add gelatine and boil for 20 minutes, stirring constantly. Keep temperature
as low as possible while still maintaining a boil.
- Pour this syrup over the fruit
mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a wet 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool overnight.
- Cut into squares and roll in confectioners' or granulated sugar.
- Store in
a cool place.