Turkish Roasted Eggplant Salad
- A little olive oil (for the baking sheet)
- 1 medium eggplant (7 inches)
- 2 to 4 medium cloves garlic (to taste), minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
cup sesame paste (tahini)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- A little more olive oil
and some freshly
- Minced parsley (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (or for more authentic taste, roast directly over
hot coals, wrapped in foil). Lightly oil a baking sheet or foil.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, and place face down on the foil or baking
- Bake or roast for about 30 minutes, until very tender.
- Remove from cooking
source and allow to cool until it is comfortable to handle.
- Scoop out the eggplant
pulp, and discard the skin. Place the pulp in a bowl or food processor or blender.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and salt. Puree or mash until almost smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish, cover tightly, and chill.
- Drizzle the top with olive oil and fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve with pita
or flat bread or endive for dipping.
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer or side dish.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.