Aussie Sausage Rolls
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices crustless white bread
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 3 sheets puff pastry (1 1/2 packs Pepperidge Farms frozen sheets)
- 2 egg yolks
- Sesame seeds, untoasted
- Thaw puff pastry sheets to room temperature and preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Make fresh bread crumbs by putting slices of bread through a blender or
food processor. Combine lamb, eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, tomato
paste, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll pastry into flat sheets and cut into long, wide strips. (If using Pepperidge
Farms sheets, cut in half.)
- Place filling into sausage-shaped lines down the center of the pastry strips.
Roll pastry over the top to enclose and then turn upside down so the seam is
underneath. Cut meat-filled tubes into 6 portions and place on a nonstick baking
tray. Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with ketchup.