Lamingtons are little Australian sponge cakes coated in an outer layer of chocolate
(or sometimes raspberry) sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut.
It is easier to cut and handle the cake if it is at least 1 day old. Any sponge
or butter cake can be used.
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- About 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 15 grams butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 cups coconut - approximately