- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small box instant vanilla or lemon pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can blackberries, drained
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace six 3 1/2-inch circles on paper. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl, Beat a high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, while beating at high speed. Beat until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meringue mixture over each circle on prepared baking sheet, mounding slightly around edges. Bake for 2 hours.
- Turn oven off (DO NOT OPEN DOOR). Let meringues stand in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove meringues from oven and cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a 4 cup measure. Stir well with whisk to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully peel paper from meringues. Place meringues on a serving platter. Spoon 1/4 cup pudding into each meringue. Top evenly with blackberries.
Yield: 6 servings