Cheese and Sage Damper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 14 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups (approximately) milk to mix; plus to brush on top just before baking
- Parmesan cheese
- Poppy seeds
- Mix cheese, flour, paprika, pepper and sage. Add butter and mix until crumbly.
Add milk to mix to a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and shape into a 10-inch
round. Place the round dough on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife cut into 8 wedges,
allowing the knife to almost go through the dough. Brush the top with a little milk
and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.