Chicken Pupus (Hawaiian Appetizer)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless, cubed chicken thighs or breasts
- Whisk together all ingredients, except the chicken, in a mixing bowl. Place the
chicken thighs in the marinade and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
After 2 hours, stir the marinade.
- Heat the grill until the coals are gray to white. Remove the chicken from the
marinade and drain or shake off the excess marinade. Place on a lightly oiled grill
and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked in the center. Remove the "pupu
chicken" to a serving plate and insert wooden picks in each of the cubes.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.