- 1 1/2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Melted butter (for glaze)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar, then mix in pumpkin. Stir in egg and milk. Sift in flour
and salt and add to creamed mixture. Knead a few times on a lightly floured surface,
then pat out to a rectangle about 3/4 inch thick. Cut rounds with floured cutter
or into squares with a sharp knife. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes until well risen, golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Serve hot, split and buttered.
Serves 4 to 6.