- 2 pounds pumpkin, peeled
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cups stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup light cream
- Chopped parsley
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2 inch cubes, removing seeds and fiber. Place in a saucepan with the onions, stock and seasoning. Cook over low heat until pumpkin is soft, about 1 hour.
- Puree pumpkin in blender. Return to saucepan.
- Combine flour and water and stir until smooth. Add to the soup, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil. Add cream. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley to serve.