Halo-Halo with Coconut Milk
Halo-halo literally means a mixture; in this case a mixture of fruit.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced plantains
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sweet rice powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca (quick-cooking type)
- 1 cup jackfruit, cut into strips
- In a medium pot, bring the water and coconut milk to a boil.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and simmer.
- Add sweet potatoes and plantains and simmer until half done.
- Add 3 tablespoons water to sweet rice powder.
- Take a little of the mixture at a time and form into balls the size of hazelnuts.
- Drop balls into the simmering mixture.
- Add cooked tapioca, 1/4 cup sugar and jackfruit. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Philippine Recipes