- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pound pork shoulder, sliced thinly
- 1 chicken breast, deboned and sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3/4 cup dried black or shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (1 pound) package pancit canton (Chinese wheat noodles)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Patis (Filipino fish sauce), to taste (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- If using mushrooms, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes, then cut into strips, discarding the tough stems. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in wok or large skillet. Saute garlic and onions until
- Add pork, chicken and shrimp, and cook until browned.
- Add soy sauce, stirring to flavor.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add cabbage, green beans, carrots and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender, yet
crisp, 5-8 minutes.
- Add noodles, mixing gently to prevent them from breaking. Cook until liquid is absorbed and
noodles are done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with black pepper and patis.
- Garnish with green onions. lemon wedges and chopped walnuts, if desired.