Pork and Chicken, Filipino Style (Adobo)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken legs or thighs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat pork, chicken, water, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper to boiling in
Dutch oven; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until pork and chicken are done, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove pork and chicken from Dutch oven. Skim fat from broth if necessary. Cook
broth uncovered until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot.
- Cook chicken in oil over medium heat until brown on all sides.
- Add pork; cook and stir until brown.
- Serve pork, chicken and broth over rice.
- Garnish with minced parsley and tomato wedges.