Rice Balls with Coconut Milk
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour (malagkit, sold in Oriental stores)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups coconut milk (sold in Oriental stores), thinned with 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups large pearl tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream (sold in Oriental stores)
- Blend rice flour and water into a dough.
- Shape into balls 1/4-inch in diameter.
- In a large pot, boil coconut milk, sugar and tapioca.
- When tapioca is transparent, add the rice balls.
- When the rice balls are soft but firm, add coconut cream and
boil for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.