Rice Cake (Bibingkang Kanin)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups sweet rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Butter to grease pan
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons anise seeds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add sweet rice and salt. Cook over
moderate heat until dry, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- When dry, lower heat and add 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Grease cake pan with butter and pour in mixture.
- Top with coconut cream and 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with anise seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Yield: 6-8 servings