Sautéed Vegetables with Noodles
- 10 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in warm water 1 hour or longer
- 1/2 pound pork, boiled and cut into 1/8 x 1/8-inch strips
- 5 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup quartered onion
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 pound rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 tablespoons corn or vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chinese dried pork sausage, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 cups reserved broth
- 1 cup cabbage, cut julienne-style and cut again in half
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne-style and cut again in half
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups cooked flaked chicken
- 1/2 pound shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup finely cut scallions
- 6 lemon wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced crosswise
- Soy sauce and pepper to taste
- Drain mushrooms well and squeeze to extract most of the excess water. Chop
and set aside.
- Boil pork in a mixture of 5 cups water, bay leaves, onion and peppercorns.
- When pork is tender, remove and cut into 1/8 x 1/8-inch strips. Set aside and
- Blanch rice stick noodles. Strain noodles and set aside.
- In a wok or large saucepan, sauté garlic and onions in oil till transparent.
- Stir in Chinese sausage. Bring to a boil and add the 3 cups of reserved broth.
- Add cabbage, carrots, 1/4 cup scallions and coriander and cook until done.
- Add noodles and sesame oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas, pork, mushrooms, chicken and shrimp. Cook for 3 more
minutes over low heat.
- Arrange on a large serving platter, sprinkle with 1/2 cup scallions and
garnish with lemon wedges and sliced eggs.
- Add soy sauce and pepper to taste.