Shrimp Adobo in Coconut Milk
(Adobong Hipon Sa Gata)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- Patis or salt to taste
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, unshelled
- 2 (12 ounce) cans coconut milk
- In a medium size stockpot, prepare the marinade (vinegar, water, pepper,
garlic and patis or salt).
- Add shrimp and let stand for 1 hour.
- Cook shrimp in the same pot with the lid off, turning the shrimp often, until
the pot is almost dry.
- Stir in the coconut milk and allow the sauce to thicken. This takes about