Steak, Philippine-Style (Bistek)
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion rings
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Marinate the meat in lemon juice, soy sauce, pepper and salt for
3 hours or more.
- Cook onion rings in oil until transparent.
- Transfer to a serving dish, leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Add the meat to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring often,
- Transfer the meat to a serving dish.
- Add marinade and water to the skillet, simmer for 10 minutes and
pour over the meat and onion rings.