Taho (Bean Curd in Syrup)
- 1 cup soy bean powder or flour
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups brown sugar syrup
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) Knox unflavored gelatine
- Mix soy bean powder/water and let stand 1 hour or overnight stirring often.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly and reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in gelatine until dissolved and not lumpy.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice while stirring.
- Transfer to desired bowl and chill.
- Slice thin layers when serving topped with hot syrup to cover.
- To make syrup: Dissolve 1 cup brown sugar in 1 cup water and let it boil for