- 1 cup powdered rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cooked pork,
cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced chorizo
- 1 1/2
- Annatto seed or achuete for color (optional)
- Sliced cooked
- 2 red eggs or boiled eggs, sliced
- Toast rice flour in moderate heat until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and
add coconut milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter, salt, sugar and
- Return mixture in stove and cook on medium heat adding chicken broth, stirring
until it turns into a thick paste.
- Lower heat, stirring for 10 minutes more and
- Transfer into a banana leaf and shape into a rectangular form.
- Combine ham, pork and chorizo and place on top.
- Add sliced egg on top.
- Fold the
banana leaf to form a rectangular bundle.
- Get another banana leaf and fold all over
to form another rectangular bundle. Do this two more times so the tamale is wrapped
four times in banana leaf.
- Tie the bundle up so water does not seep inside the tamales.
- Place in a steamer, and steam for one hour.
To make the tops of the tamales colored use annatto seeds or achuete.
Serve with Bagoong Alamang on the side.