Turon is a Filipino snack made of thinly sliced bananas, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in
a spring roll wrapper and fried. Other fillings can also be used together with the banana, such
as jackfruit, sweet potato, mango, cheddar cheese and coconut.
To serve as a dessert, Turon are delicious with two served side by side with a scoop of
vanilla ice cream in the center.
- 1 package lumpia wrappers
- 5 medium bananas
- 1 can or jar jackfruit, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon brown sugar for each turon
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Turon: Cut banana in half, and cut each half into 3 pieces.
- Place on top of lumpia wrapper and top with 2 or 3 thin strips of jackfruit (to cover length of
- Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of sugar over top of fruit.
- Roll into shape of eggroll and fry in canola oil until golden brown on each side. (Turon can
be frozen and fried as desired.)
- Caramel Coating: Melt sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan set over medium
heat. The sugar will begin to caramelize and brown. When the caramel is a golden amber color, remove from heat. Toss in turon and fully coat in
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / bruhum