Aebelskiver (Danish Pancake Puffs)
Aebleskiver work as a snack or a dessert but often they are served for breakfast.
They're great as your family's signature breakfast or for a special occasion. Your family will
appreciate you every time you make them. They're easy. They're good. They're fun.
Serve Aebelskiver hot, drizzled with syrup or a sauce or add a dollop of whipped cream.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sift dry ingredients together.r
- Add beaten egg yolks and buttermilk, stirring until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form and fold into batter gently.
- Set aebelskivei pan over low to medium heat and heat until a few
drops of water sputter in pan.
- Put a dab of butter or shortening in each well. Fill 2/3 full with
batter. Turn with a hat pin or skewer until well browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve with jam and confectioners' sugar or syrup.
Filled Aebelskiver: Put 1/3 cup batter into cavity.
Spoon 1 tablespoon jam, pudding, pastry filling or whatever filling you would like in the
center, then add 1/3 cup batter on top of that.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.